Monday, April 16, 2012

Butterfly


Butterfly butterfly where are you
Rainbow coloured as you are
I reminisce about the day you flew by
I became shy for a moment as though I had never seen you before
But we have known each other for so long I cannot replay the moment
I cherish and respect the cocoon you came from
Always feeling like I'm home whenever I came by
Lately my heart has been bidding for some love
A million of them blowing off towards you
Whenever I hear of your landing
Emotions of joy are tattooed in my soul
A feeling that sinks in quickly
An imprint that would never depart
And hopefully it will last

Butterfly butterfly where are you
Rainbow coloured as you are
I reminisce about the day you flew by
Sunshine everywhere you spread your wings
Many try to capture, but I understand you
I hope someday we could shuttle off
Dance under the moonlight
Share the universe as though we stars
Twinkle bright in the night sky
Leaving our wishes the way they are
Past the time, they shall blossom
Sprinkle in milky ways for many to discover
And like an Irish rainbow
You are my gold on the other side